Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 6 Reading Reflection

1.     The biggest surprise about the reading was by far the amount of strategy used in order to determine competition. Its crazy to think of all of these different things when going into a brand new market.
2.     The part of the reading that was not explained very well was the section on influencing balance. It merely states that a company must come up with an offensive strategy but still remain in the balance. Yet it doesn’t explain at all anything else.
3.     The first question I would ask the author is about what different offensive strategies would lead to the best result while still staying in the balance because as I stated earlier it was not explained well.  The second question I would ask is why multifaceted rivalry has a huge debate about it even 50 years from the 1960 HBR article.

4.     The one place I would say the author was mistaken was the park about barriers to entry. I do believe that many of these aspect should be considered but if you did have a market changing idea I would believe that a lot of these aspects would not apply

No comments:

Post a Comment