Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

Over 40 post ago, I started this blog as simply a task in this class. Little did I know that My page would blow up later more then i have ever known. My page currently has 400 views which is more then I would have expected. Some activities I have done was post a link of my page on other peoples walls. This allowed google to understand the importance of my page making it a more searchable page. Some of the keywords I have been using are words like "week" and "ent". This is because since I had to tag every post as "week x" it shows the importance of the word. I did not use any of my social media to promote my SEO which is probably why I did not get as popular as I hoped. Social media would make my blog more visited even if its just a couple of clicks it would in result causes more people to view since it would be trending. My viral post was my most recent post which is probably like this because the more i post the more popular my blog will become and searchable. I did make the first page of google with my key words which is extremely exciting to see. This taught me that having great SEO efforts actually does pay off. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree that having great SEO effort pays off. It is easy to see the increase in page views as the semester goes on. I also used generic keywords too, but did not have a lot of success with them. I also did not use social media, so I think we had fairly similar strategies in how we approached SEO. Check out my blog here: I had a similar strategy of trying to capture people just Googling more generic key words. It seems like you had more success since you made it to page 3. I also did not use any social media to help with SEO. I am sure it would have helped, but I do not know how much. You can check out my blog at: http://ryanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael!
    I really didn't expect my blog to get as many views as it has too. I think blogs are such a great tool to have, especially with this class we got to track the progress we made throughout the semester. I also agree that social media would definitely increase the views your blog has. I hope you had a great semester! Here is the blog to my post: http://myent3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete