Who would have thought that after three months of trail and error, we would have such an amazing idea. This class has taught myself many valuable life lessons with each assignment. Throughout this course, I have been playing with the idea of “potle2go” which is a food delivery service that specializes in chipotle. Throughout this paper we will analyze the opportunity that this product gives, the innovation behind the service, and how it’s venture concept is unique to this company.
According to the Description of the assignment, “An opportunity may be defined as a group of customers with unmet or under-met needs.” There are extremely clear groups of customers with unmet needs in the region of Gainesville. The group I have decided to target are non wealth college students at the university of florida. This can be seen since this specific group would be more willing to order food online instead of picking it up at the store. This is because if they wanted to get there they would have to walk or take a bus which could take up to 30 extra minutes there and back while also being a hassle. Also they would use this because since they don't have as much money to blow like these big companies charge. This window for opportunity is quite large since chipotle is the one single restaurant that many college students would like and is not being served. This can be seen in the interviews where people would like chipotle delivered so if there is a company, people do not know about it.
The descriptions then defines innovation as “An innovation may be defined as a new or creative service, product, or process that may be applied in the marketplace to address customer needs.” The service that I am providing embellishes innovation because it provides a service that is not being used and is applied to the marketplace. The way I would create revenue would be the $2 service charge that would be applied to every single order that is placed. This $2 would make around 10 dollars an hour with 5 orders every hour. This would easily create thousands of dollars a year that would be created without even moving a finger. The idea that I create is revenue with minimal amount of work for myself. The service charge would be separate from the tip which is what the drivers would make as compensation.
Lastly the description defines “A venture concept may be defined as the application of a specific innovation to address a specific opportunity.” The first area would be getting customers to switch to my company from other delivery companies. This can be easily done by setting the price lower, and making the food more desirable. The competitors are gainesville2go and 352delivery, these companies that sell are either over priced or do not have very good restaurants. That way potle2go will be much more successful then these companies.
The first resource that i would say puts me above the rest would be the fact that I have the network to get my company started. Being part of a large origination allows me to make my brand known everywhere. This can be done through group chats, emails and other promotional systems within my greek organization. Other then networking, it is quite easy to start up my own product service since there are tons of other companies that sell different things.
The beautiful aspect of pole2go is that it allows a huge room for growth. This can be seen throughout the time researching the product with other similar style companies. Some processes that need to be seen are what foods are not being delivered to college students and what do the people want. This would be targeting the same group as before since college students who do not want to spend a lot and don't have a car would still be purchasing through my company.
Finally the place I see myself in the next couple years is easy. I see myself with a full running company with myself and a tech expert running the company. There will be a car and drivers hired that will cause the company to be running. This company will help me prove that I am a capable company CEO on a small scale which will give me the experience I need
Hi Michael!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, I've also learned a lot from this class, and my product has really evolved over these past couple of months. I think you have a really great product, and I know that I would personally love to use your company to get chipotle! I think your company has a large opportunity for growth because you can really hone in on college towns.
Check out my business venture if you want!
http://lilliegilmoreent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/venture-concept-no-1.html
Michael, your venture has an opportunity to grow tremendously. I agree with you that this class has taught us so many ways to successfully promote our brand, so I think that with time, your venture can become very successful. Great work. View my venture concept here- http://mudine.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-entire-opportunity-that-my-service.html
ReplyDeleteHey Mike, I think that your idea is very promising. Any sort of delivery service is extremely beneficial in such a digital age, so it definitely has a good chance of success, especially if your innovations are as unique and successful as you've explained. Great job, and you can check out my idea here: http://intellectualramble.blogspot.com/2016/03/venture-concept-no-1.html
ReplyDelete