Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection


1.     The concept of guerrilla marketing really stood out to me. I thought it was a totally awesome concept that blew my mind. This practice is about the use of nonconventional tactics in research, and I admire the unorthodox, so this was great to learn about.
2.     The concept of “secondary data” confused me. What is this? All I understand is that it is data that has already been compiled, but what really does that mean?
3.     One question I would ask the author is: “Does primary data exist?” If he answers that it does exist, I would follow-up asking, “What is the difference between primary and secondary data?” Finding out this difference would really help me understand what secondary data is.

4.     The author talks about start-up ventures as if they are always created under the same circumstances and how they are always resource constrained. Well, I disagree with that. Some wealthy people start-up ventures with seemingly unlimited capital. My good friend worked this past summer in New York City for a start-up company that was under ownership and control of a very wealthy man who had already created many businesses very successfully, so he had many resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment